Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day Two of the advent Christmas Calendar Fairy

Write letters to Santa
(on "magical paper that gets delivered to the North pole")!
Katie's wish list:
Remote control car
ball (because we only have 17 and need more. i swear every time we go to the store we come home with a new ball)
snuggie
bike that i do with my hands without training wheels (this is a tough one for me. the time has come for Ella to get a bike and I just can't handle the pain in my heart watching Katie watch Ella ride up and down the street. Katie is usually pretty tough and can handle a lot of things like this, but once in a while she gets this look in her eyes and I know exactly what she is thinking and that's when it gets hard for me. and that is why I am dying to get one of these to help with the family bike ride situation and Katie thinks it would "be really fun!" So,I'm saving my pennies and asking Santa and praying. I think the combo of the three might help).
my own snow? (i think) it might be show. because really, who doesn't secretly want their own show? (Regardless, both are funny)
Ella's wish list:
remote control car (they are obsessed and Bryant is very excited about it)
all the princesses (because, once again, apparently we must need three of every type of princess)
a bike "like Jake has" (with training wheels)
tea party set
all the "new princess stuff" (from the new movie coming out)
new socks (i think her feet were cold)
a Christmas tree (apparently she wants her own)
puzzles
and.... drum roll please......
a flower pot (for the little Betty in training. I've never been so proud. and so shocked. what four year old asks for that)?
Carter's wish list:

oh wait, that's mine.

After the girls were done with their list, I told them to pick maybe one or two items that they really wanted and star them. I explained that Santa has to give toys to lots of kids and if they each got 10 things, that would not leave enough toys for the other kids.
Ella tried (in her own way) to convince me that in deed she could still have all ten things and that all would be well in the world. but I wasn't buying it!
Her case wasn't strong enough.

8 comments:

Peck Family said...

Sarah I tell the kids they can only ask for 3 things from Santa and then they have to tell Santa to give the rest of the toys to other kids that are poor. The truth? MOMMY and Daddy can ONLY afford 3 AND they don't need 100 presents.

Hess Fam said...

I always get nervous about the "you can only ask for 2-3 things" because I feel like she will ask for a kitchen, a barbie jeep, and a trampoline all in one shot. I haven't quite figured out the best solution to explaining 3 small gifts.
Tell Katie...we all want our own show! Can you even imagine?

zuniga family said...

Thanks for posting your advent ideas! You are giving me great ideas for my own!

Salvador is fairly easy this year. Every time I ask him, he just says, "I want A LOT of toys." So I can buy him like 3 or 4 toys, cheap, and that is a lot to him!

Good luck! I am assuming you are using the "secret" for your bike!

Kellie said...

The bike thing is breaking my heart. I wish I had enough money to contribute to your bike fund. That is just SOOOO cute that Katie wants her own show!! One day, Katie!

You are SUCH a good Mom, Sarah!

Joanna said...

I think I'm asking santa for the baby gate too. This week Hudson has broken 2 plates, drawn w/ permanent marker on the couch, poured water in various locations around the house, and I could go on and on. That gate would come in quite handy :)

Carrie Anne said...

i want that play yard fence, too.:) for our gifts we started the following traditions, if you wanted to know:
christmas eve mom & dad give the kids a new pair of jammies & a christmas book.
christmas day santa brings one thing they've really been asking for & then they get each other a gift. that way we're not overwhelmed with more stuff. it's very difficult for me, though, b/c i want to buy 400 things on black friday AND i want more & more cute things as it gets closer to christmas! oh yeah, we fill their stockings, too.
so rebecca really wanted the new american girl doll, rebecca rubin, but big james convinced her that she wanted to music stuff instead! so i can totally see how bryant is thrilled that they want remote control cars.:)

Church Fam said...

Our calandar had the same activity for tonight. We also had to pick the top 3, such a hard thing to do. We didn't have the cute paper though.

Melissa said...

We wrote letters to Santa today and Tanner pulled a fast one on me! He changed what he wanted and it is already bought! Free agency is so overrated...

PS. Mary Poppins is at the Ahmonson(sp?) theater in LA, I think until Jan. sometime.