Carter patiently waited while the girls read the Advent Fairy's note

The note said we were going to have a family devotional about the Greatest Gift of all and at the end maybe get a gift too!
The children wiggled all around (thinking about their gift) as dad shared about the night the Savior was born and how the three wise men brought gifts. We shared about how the Savior gives us gifts and talked about gifts that we could give back to him (love, being kind, service, etc).Katie has been asking to learn how to knit forever. I was going to get her a knitting set for Christmas, but then thought about how it could play into tonight's lesson. We talked about how fun it is to get gifts, but how it's really fun to give gifts too. Then the kids closed their eyes and put out their hands to receive their gift. They each received gifts that they can use to help make gifts for others and give as Christmas presents. They were really excited about that idea!
Let the Christmas crafting begin!!
Phew! Day 1 down.










6 comments:
It is just so awesome that you do this! I would love to do this for Jet when he's a little older. :) Now I just need to start taking notes now....
LOVE IT!
i LOVE this tradition of yours! i am stealing it when i have kids! SO cute!
I love the idea of giving them gifts that they can use to make gifts for other people.
-Christy
So great! Tell Katie that Jacks mom loves her knifty knitter :-)
Merry Christmas~
Very exciting! I need to take notes and start this stuff next year!
Post a Comment