Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Baby Penny











Welcome Penelope Ann to the family. We all love you so much! You are truly a miracle!


What a beautiful thing to see my little brother as a daddy! He is so smitten with this new bundle! His wife, Christy is an angel and worked hard to get this sweet baby here. 


Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to the hospital to meet my new little niece. As I walked up the stairs to the hospital, I had to get my composure together. This is the same hospital Scott was born in. I will never forget my dad lifting me up to see him in the nursery. As a four year old, I prayed SO hard for a baby brother, and he was finally here! Then fourteen years later I walked those halls again, to go visit this same brother as he fought a hard fight against bone cancer. He was in and out of that hospital so much. 
Yesterday when I walked down the hallway to their room those memories and emotional hit me hard. Then to walk in and see that precious miracle baby, it was almost too much. I felt so full of gratitude for the gift of life and miracles. I loved holding Penny and seeing Scott and Christy as parents. It was such a special moment for me. As I left the hospital and walked back to my car I thought about life and how hard it can be, but also how beautiful it is and how blessed we are. As I drove away from that hospital that helped to give my brother life, save his life and then helped to give him new life, I thought my heart would burst with gratitude. 
So grateful for miracles. 

12 comments:

Gloria said...

Beautiful pictures!! Congrats to Scott & his family! SO happy for them! :) thanks for sharing the photos!

Team Smith Adventures said...

Sarah, these pictures are incredible! Thank you for your kind words and for your love and help! You're an awesome sister! We love you!

Nancy Smith... said...

This post really touched me. You put everything in such a beautiful way. The Lord is so good to us. It is hard during the trials...if we could only see ahead to the blessings....wait upon the Lord....that's the hard part, but the blessings are deep.

HennHouse said...

Beautiful. All of it.

The Bookport said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy J said...

beautiful words and a beautiful moment captured by a beautiful photographer....congratulations to your family for sweet little Penny!

April Perry said...

I love you, Sarah! Your testimony is an inspiration.

Melissa said...

You should write a book-you are a beautiful writer!
Baby Penny is adorable!

AllAmericanGrl said...

beautifuly baby! congrats Scott! :)

Erin said...

so so sweet. I love miracles and love this post.

Hess Fam said...

This is so touching.

Sally said...

Soooo cute! Excited for this happy little fam. Can't wait to meet Penny.