Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 2, 2009

"I Broke My Leg"

...this is a phrase I hear daily.
When one "breaks" their leg, we go through the typical routine. Lay on the couch and put pillows under the affected area. Yesterday's "break" was no different than the day before, until...
Ella stepped in. She heard Katie "broke" her leg and then took action (I was able to capture the moment on camera without the girls knowledge. Thank you long lens).
"Oh, Katie, you broke your "yeg" (leg)? I will get you some ice and a towel..."
"Ella, that ice is a little too cold, will you get the peas?" Ella hurries off to the freezer and comes back with a (almost empty) bag of peas...
"ahhh... much better". Within minutes the "broken" leg was healed, thanks to a sweet little sister. Just a note about Ella. We had only had Katie a few short months when I started feeling strongly about having another child. People thought we were insane, especially because Katie had at least two major surgeries coming up. But I continued to have a strong feeling that Katie needed a sister. A forever friend to go through this life with. So when Katie was 13 months old, we found out we were pregnant... and a few months later we learned it would be a girl... a sister for Katie and a sweet addition to our family. Their relationship is far from perfect. At least a few fights a day... but there is a strong bond between the two. Ella came with a helpful heart and a sweet personality. I am So grateful for her and her willingness to serve her sister and now brother...

Love you Little Miss Ella!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Ahhh, siblings! It's the same way with my boys. Despite all the fights/bickering, they are truly each other's best friends. So sweet seeing Ella tend to Katie!

Cindy said...

Your stories are so amazing Sarah. I loved reading them and I love to hear about your sweet family.

Melissa said...

Too, too cute!

Carrie Anne said...

seriously what a crack up! that is so cute & so funny! i love the bond... priceless.

The Hiatt Family said...

ahhh...we have an Ella...
her name is Kendra :)

Kellie said...

Awww, too cute!! I love how Ella is taking care of Katie. haha! Sisters are seriously SO special. I love that they have each other. Call me crazy but I've always wanted to have all my kids close together so they can be close like that. Just hoping it doesn't backfire one me!

Jenjenbug said...

There's nothing like sisterly love! Glad to see your girls have a great bond! I'm so glad I have a sister as well! :-D