Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 2, 2009

In conclusion

My goodness, thank you for all the sweet comments and e-mails regarding Katie's story. They mean a great deal to us. It feels so nice to finally have the story all written out and shared. I also just need to say that there are so many other mothers out there that are my hero's, they do so much more than I ever will do. I always say that I'll take Spina Bifida any day and continue to feel blessed for that diagnosis. Often at therapy and the hospital I will see mom's with their children in wheelchairs almost lifeless with feeding tubes, unable to talk or communicate. Those are the warrior mothers that I tip my hat too.

Sometimes people will say to me "I don't know how you do it?" And there are a few answers to that question. The first is you just do it because you have to. It comes naturally because it's your child. Second, and most important the Lord loves His children, but I know he holds a special place in his heart to the ones that he sends down with "extras". He seems to always be picking us up and moving us to be at the right places at the right times in her life (that's a whole other chapter in this story). Third, we have a WONDERFUL support system. I have a husband who is patient, kind and helpful. Every morning he wakes up a few minutes earlier to help me with the kids and to cath Katie. Also, we both have amazing parents, siblings & in-laws who are so helpful and supportive. I think we'd loose it without them. Fourth, our friends. We've got awesome ones. She has so many cheerleaders giving her love and encouraging words and that means the world to us! So, thank you. In this picture I helped Katie get her balance and then quickly snapped the picture. Bryant says this seems like a glimpse of what it will be like after the Resurrection when she is made whole again. We look forward to that glorious day.