Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A special morning down by the beach








Since we did not have school on Monday, I knew we needed to get out of the house to get our wiggles out. Typically, (especially these days), I either leave carter with a sitter or have back up with me when I venture out with the three kids. It's mostly a sanity, I mean, safety thing.

Before we leave (when I am making my double stroller vs. wheelchair and stroller decision) I will ask Katie if she thinks she can push herself far that day. She typically responds with "sure! No problem"..... but then 20 minutes into it, she is asking for me to push her, leaving me with pushing both the wheelchair and the stroller and saying "oh, sorry, excuse us, sorry, oh excuse me, oh sorry" to everyone we pummel over on the sidewalk.

But this time, when Katie said her arms were tired, Ella asked if she could take over. This was the first time that she pushed for that long of a time period. We were able to stay out on our "adventure" longer because she was able to help so much with the wheelchair situation. I was so grateful because the kids were being so good and the weather could not have been more gorgeous!

I Sure am thankful for those kids and for what they teach me each day!

14 comments:

Olive-us said...

Everything about this post is beautiful.
Just beautiful.

Kat, Designs by Kat said...

It is the little moments like Ella offering to push that make up our lives and it is really important to take note of them. I loved your post and the photos are as always beautiful. ~Kat

Sherri Araiza said...

Your family is so cute. :) And what a good sister/friend Ella is to help out her sister. So sweet.

Kim L. said...

melts my heart!!!!!

Meinhardt Family said...

Ahhh, what great photos and great weather! Our Monday consisted of hanging out at the local pizza joint...where it was warm inside. I'm so ready for spring.

Amy said...

I love how Shawna said it...you know I'm tearing up.

Ella is such a sweet helper.

Hess Fam said...

What a blessing sweet Ella is. Such a kind hearted helper.

Krystal said...

Hey there! This is the Krystal that you met at the food party the other day (Autumn's sister-in-law). I have a confession to make... I had seen your blog before even meeting you and was actually looking forward to meeting you because of your blog. When I first saw your blog, I was brought to tears. This post nearly does it again! What amazing kids you have!
My other confession is that I absolutely love hearing your Bachelor reviews. You are hilarious!
I really hope I don't come across as a psycho! :) I just wanted to tell you all that and also that your photography is amazing. I'm hoping to maybe have some family photos done when my kids are a bit bigger and cooperative.
Anyway, cute post!
See you in a few weeks! :)

Unknown said...

I got goose bumps. I love those girls.

Carrie Anne said...

See...it's posts like these & my week in Coronado that make me really want to live closer to the beach!!! What an awesome morning for you! Love it! Love all the posts G-na! Way to go on your photography business!

Leigh and Andy said...

Aw, such a great post! Sisters are the best! :)

Melissa said...

I love when kids make things easier on everyone by being helpful!

Presley family said...

Simply beautiful....
I have had Regan fight with me to push Bubba. It is amazing the love that our sweet little girls have for their siblings.
BIG HUGS!

Erin said...

melt me.